Friday, January 13, 2017

The Judgement Is In


Dear Calvin,

We hope this email finds you well. We appreciate your effort and the time you've put into the Mock Class with us so far. Based on your Mock Class Mentor's feedback of your performance, you have not successfully passed our screening process.

Thank you for your interest in working with us, and we wish you the very best in all your future endeavors.

Best regards,
VIPKID Recruitment Team

 
 I happily accept the new postion of MAYOR OF LOSER TOWN. So glad I shared the job search process on FB and here on my blog so that we all could celebrate my failure together. Good Times. No way I pull myself out of this pit of despair anytime soon. I think I have suddenly stopped caring about anything other than my own sweet suffering. I thought I was a teacher but I guess not. Just some loser living with his Mother who has no friends or family or anyone that would even know he was gone if he wasn't heard from. Well, five people would miss my blog which is another meaningless waste of my life and time.
 
 

9 comments:

DrGoat said...

Join the club. I've cleaned out my office so you can move right in and take over as Mayor. I experience sehnsucht every day when I wish I could go back to when I was 7 yrs. old.
PS. You can't trust the judgement of someone who works for the government, corporation, or a recruitment team. 'nuff said.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sorry to hear this news, Cal. At least you gave it a shot! But I know it still stings. I once applied for a job for which I was pre-eminently qualified and they didn't even give me a goddamn interview.

j-swin said...

That's just one setback, If you truly want to do this try again. “Why do we fall? So we can pick ourselves back up.” - Alfred Pennyworth

Tamarin said...

Hey Calvin, that sucks. It's hard to hear those words, but please don't let it stop you from trying again. We learn from our failures, and I hope you learned how much you miss teaching. It certainly sounded that way from your posts. Stay in the game, the students need you!

GOODSTUFF said...

bummer Dude

However, don't under estimate the power of blogging. You can make a change - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151354224063677&set=a.10151354119448677.569873.805278676&type=3&theater

give it some thought...
here is a good example - http://goodstuffsworld.blogspot.com/2017/01/awww-monday-good-news-social-media.html

Sam G said...

That sucks Cal, but please don't let this stick in your craw. Get up, dust yourself off and something else (even better) will come along. Don't give up.

Rob R said...

Sorry to read this news, Cal. Have you ever watched the "Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" video on youtube? It's an hour long, but really worthwhile (especially if you are feeling down). I hope you have the opportunity to check it out!

Chase March said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chase March said...

You'll find an even better teaching opportunity out there. I am sure of it.

I just found a great assignment and it was very unexpected. And if it can happen for me, it can happen for you too.