Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Finally Some Good News

After my garage sale was a bust I decided to put up about 100 pieces that I thought I really could do without. Wrestling figures and Justine Timberlake dolls. The real embarassments of my coolection. I sent them to a local auction place hoping to maybe make five dollars for each because they would never sell for more than that. But the gods of auction were kind and they sold for over 1000 dollars. Once I paid my auctioneer I came out way ahead. I now have room to put up some great pieces that just sat around in tubs all this time. I feel good to actually have these out of my life.






 

6 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Happy to hear some Good news from you, my Friend... our best wishes to you, good Sir Kal...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's great! Sounds like the auction was the way to go! No muss, no fuss, you pay a commission, but still . . . .

Hmmm, I got some collectible stuff (housewares, etc) lying around that I want to unload but I don't want to get ripped off at a collectibles place or eBay. Maybe I should look into an auction house too. Thanks for the tip!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It could have went the other way but I guess this guy was interested in making money for both of us. He was actually excited by the guys he was able to bring in to buy from this collection. I can't believe I am happy. I am rarely happy.

DrGoat said...

Zounds Cal. That a pretty good haul. That auction thing has worked out for us when Mom and Dad passed away. We went through everything, took out the stuff we wanted and had some guy come in and take the whole lot off our hands to auction.

Margaret Benbow said...

That Justin Timberlake doll absolutely had to go, to purify
your collection. And you made lots of money too. Win-win!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And the funniest part is that I always hated those figures. They were from a secret santa one year while I was teaching. We had a ten dollar limit, they knew I liked ACTION FIGTURES and found two New Kids dolls in the bargain bin for five dollars each. She thought she scored the best gift ever and I had to pretent. 'Oh look, they are the PUPPET FIGURES' these are great. GAH!!